Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Thumbster is on it's way!


Most of you who know us know that we have been struggling to get Jacob to stop sucking his thumb. In my search to find the magical cure I came across the website http://www.stopthumbsucking.net/ which sells Thumbsters. They are made of a soft material, much like a glove to be worn over the thumb and velcroed to the wrist. Jacob seems to have a fetish for wearing just one glove. (Maybe he saw a Michael Jackson video?) So I called him in and asked if he would wear it. He said Yes, but we shall see. I was very pleased to see the price of just $12. I was dreading the $75 price tag that I have seen on many anti-thumb sucking devices. So if this does not work, then it was not a total waste of $75. I am very anxious to receive it in the mail and see if it will work. Of course I will keep you updated on his progress.
Today will be a busy day for the Tanner family. Robert is out working on putting more irrigation to some of the trees. I am working on a weekly menu and shopping list. I found a great recipe on food networks website for Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars by Tyler Florence. Seeing as I have a plethora of blueberries (and by plethora I mean gallons!) and some lemons in the fridge it seems like a great thing to make right now. I'll probably wait till Mom and Dad are back so that some one can enjoy them with me. Robert is not a big fan of cheesecake and I am certainly not going to eat the whole pan of bars by myself. (As tempting as it may be!)
Also on today's agenda, going to WalMart to buy Abby some big girl underwear. I am determined to get this girl potty trained by the end of the week. Wow, breaking thumb sucking and potty training all in one week. Let's see if I have my hair by the end of the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment