Monday, June 21, 2010

Punching Beauty Queen

This past Friday we were at the farm in Georgia. I love it there but usually get an itch to get out and go to town (which is a good 30 minute drive from the house.) After doing some research on the internet I found a specialty children's shop in Dublin called Kaleigh's Kloset. I told Rob I wanted to go in just to see what they had. Upon stepping foot in the door I found a beautiful pink and brown smocked dress that would look beautiful on Abby. I put it up knowing the $65 price tag was a bit more than what Rob would want to pay for a dress. Just then a sales girl walked up welcoming us and telling us about their 50% off sale. Twenty minutes later Rob and I were at the checkout counter with two dresses and one outfit for Abby that he and I picked out. While we are checking out I spot a back room with very outlandish dresses. I mean beyond prom dresses. After watching Toddler's and Tiara's a few times on TLC I was pretty sure these were pagent dresses. I inquired about the dresses and was informed they too were 50% off. Images of crazed moms putting their babies in these pagents danced through my head and I continued on out the door.
On the way home I asked Rob if he would ever allow Abby to compete in a pagent. His response was if she wanted to then he would let her. (Which actually surprised me.) I then asked him if he would allow her to do it now, at the age she is. He started to laugh and replied "No! Abby would beat the other girls up on stage! You've seen her wail on her brother, imagine what she would do to them!" Now that would make for a great Toddler's and Tiara's!

No comments:

Post a Comment